Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The beginning of Dystonia---God help me!

In 2004 I came down with a bout on pneumonia. It was nothing to be alarmed about and matter of fact, I didn't [even] realize I had pneumonia until I went to the doctor complaining of an ear ache. I had a chest X-ray then sent home with Augmentin. With in two weeks I was pretty much back to normal. Over the next few months we had a few VERY stressful situations that caused many sleepless nights and undue stress, which in time passed. However, by Mid February 2005 I had a root canal that went bad. How do I know it went bad, because I've had 8 root canals before this with little problems or complications.

However, after 24 hrs of the root canal I began to have extreme pain and within 36 hours I was screaming into a pillow. I went back to the endodonist several times and they could not determine what was wrong. After a week of extreme pain, screaming myself to sleep I finally decided to have the tooth pulled. I got instant relief.

Within three days we were on our way to Disney and had a great vacation. Came home and my tooth was healing properly. Within a week or two I traveled for business and was overcome by an extreme headache during the flight and through the night. I woke up the next morning and went on my inspection and the headache (migraine) dissipated. I looked forward to getting home to my wonderful wife and family before going on my golf weekend in Virginia.

The day I was ready to go on the golf trip (mid April) I noticed my head seemed unsteady. At the time I did not want to worry my wife so I kept this to myself for the weekend. However, halfway through the first day the symptoms stopped. I figured it was too much adrenaline or excitement. Coming back Sunday the symptoms started up again and this time did not leave.

Each day it was harder and harder to control my head movements and I could no longer hide it from my wife. I needed to fin out what was going on with me. Please help me God:

---Psalms 18:6 (GW)---6 I called on the Lord in my distress.
I cried to my God for help. He heard my voice from his temple, and my cry for help reached his ears

No comments:

Post a Comment