Tuesday, February 10, 2015

A new beginning?

My wife and I were called to pray like we never did before. We asked our friends and family to pray with us and they did and I believe God is laying down the path toward healing, faith, obedience and mercy.

My previous round of injections (Early October) started to wear off the week before Thanksgiving. I want to back up for a moment---earlier in in late May I decided to go "gluten free" in an effort to lessen the dystonia symptoms. I kept it up for about 5-6 months and felt it did nothing, so I decided to go back on gluten products---Hey, I'm Italian, it was sheer torture--- (Pizza, Bagels, pasta, here I come).

However, I guess my body rejected it because with in a few days of going back on gluten, I was in extreme pain in my neck and shoulder---BOTH SIDES!! That's never happened in the 10 years I had dystonia. I went off the gluten and it a few day the consistent pain magically disappeared and did not return. Now, here's where it gets interesting. As we had people praying for us, God led us to a book called "The Grain brain". It's a neurologist that talks about gluten, grain fed beef and many carbs how they effect the brain and neurological system---to my amazement he mentions dystonia several times---I was like "wow---no way"! I quickly downloaded the book and started this new way of eating immediately. 30 carbs a day, grass fed beef, natural chicken, seafood, cheeses, etc here I come!

I noticed within a few weeks that the pulling and pain became less and less. I've been able to do certain tasks with absolutely no pain whatsoever. We walked in Disney 10-12 miles a day and these was no pain at all---amazing! But there's more----up next the "Carrick brain center".

---Eph 6:10-13 (GW)---10 Finally, receive your power from the Lord and from his mighty strength. 11 Put on all the armor that God supplies. In this way you can take a stand against the devil's strategies. 12 This is not a wrestling match against a human opponent. We are wrestling with rulers, authorities, the powers who govern this world of darkness, and spiritual forces that control evil in the heavenly world. 13 For this reason, take up all the armor that God supplies. Then you will be able to take a stand during these evil days. Once you have overcome all obstacles, you will be able to stand your ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment